Zirtek Oral Solution is an anti-histamine syrup for adults & children aged 2 years and over, it quickly and effectively relieves some of the main symptoms of allergies, such as a runny and itchy nose, sneezing, itchy and watery eyes and skin allergies and itching.
- One teaspoon a day is enough for up to 24 hour symptom relief.
- Pleasant flavoured banana syrup
- Non Drowsy formulation is particularly suitable for children who need to concentrate in school.
Adults and children aged 12 years and over: 10ml once a day (two full measuring spoons) Max 10ml in 24 hours
Children aged 6-12 years: 5ml twice daily (one full measuring spoon) Max 10ml in 24 hours
Children aged 2-6 years: 2.5ml twice daily (half a measuring spoon) Max 5ml in 24 hours
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT ZIRTEK:
- Contains Cetirizine Dihydrochloride 10mg per 10ml. Do not take if you or your child are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- Immediate medical advice should be sought in the event of an overdose, even if the child seems well. Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully.
- Do not exceed the stated dose.
- Does not cause drowsiness in the majority of people but care should be taken when driving or operating machinery.
- Shake the bottle thoroughly.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- Please consult your doctor or pharmacist before use if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or if or your child are taking any other prescription medications, regular medicines or receiving regular treatment.
- Like all medicines, Zirtek Plus can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. If you think you have any side effects or symptoms, stop using this medicine immediately and see a doctor as soon as possible.
- If symptoms persist consult your doctor.
DO NOT USE:
- If you are allergic to cetirizine dihydrochloride, to any of the other ingredients, to hydroxyzine or to piperazine derivatives (closely related active ingredients of other medicines).
INGREDIENTS: The active substance is cetirizine. 10 ml (equals to 2 measuring spoons) contain 10 mg of cetirizine dihydrochloride. The other ingredients are sorbitol (E 420), glycerol, propylene glycol, saccharin sodium, methylparahydroxybenzoate (E 218), propylparahydroxybenzoate (E 216), banana flavour 54.330/A (Firmenich), sodium acetate, glacial acetic acid, purified water.
– 10 ml Zirtek oral solution (=2 measuring spoons) contain: 3.15 g glucose equivalents (sorbitol)
Read the patient information leaflet here!