Zirtek Allergy Relief 10mg tablets are an anti-allergic medication containing the active ingredient Cetirizine dihydrochloride which works quickly to relieve any nasal and ocular symptoms of seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis such as sneezing, runny or itchy nose, itchy, red or watering eyes. It also offers effective relief from urticaria (hives).
DIRECTIONS: The tablets need to be swallowed with a glass of liquid. Duration of continuous treatment should not be longer than 30 days.
- Adults and adolescents above 12 years old: 10 mg once daily as 1 tablet.
- Children between 6 and 12 years old: 5 mg twice daily as a half tablet twice daily.
DO NOT USE:
- If you are allergic to cetirizine dihydrochloride, to any of the other ingredients, to hydroxyzine or to piperazine derivatives (closely related active ingredients of other medicines).
- Not for use in children under the age of 6.
- If you have a severe kidney disease (severe renal failure with creatinine clearance below 10 ml/min)
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
This product should only be used when clearly necessary.
IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ADVICE SHOULD BE SOUGHT IN THE EVENT OF OVERDOSAGE EVEN IF YOU FEEL WELL. PLEASE READ THE ENCLOSED LEAFLET CAREFULLY.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR:
If symptoms persist. Prolonged use without medical supervision may be harmful.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT ZIRTEK ALLERGY RELIEF 10MG TABLETS
- Each tablet contains cetirizine dihydrochloride 10mg
- Other ingredients are: microcrystalline cellulose, lactose-monohydrate, colloidal anhydrous silica, magnesium stearate, Opadry Y-1-7000 (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose (E464), titanium dioxide (E 171), macrogol 400).
- Zirtek should not be taken during pregnancy or when breast feeding unless your doctor considers it essential. Please consult your doctor or pharmacist before use if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking any other prescription medications, regular medicines or receiving regular treatment.
- If you are a patient with renal insufficiency, have problems passing urine (like spinal cord problems or prostate or bladder
problems) or if you are an epileptic patient or a patient at risk of convulsions, you should ask your doctor
- Does not cause drowsiness in the majority of people but care should be taken when driving or operating machinery.
- Like all medicines, Zirtek can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. If you think you have any side effects or symptoms, stop using this medicine immediately and see a doctor as soon as possible.
- If you are scheduled for allergy testing, ask your doctor if you should stop taking Zirtek Allergy Relief for several days before testing. This medicine may affect your allergy test results.
- ALWAYS keep out of reach and sight of children.
Patient Information leaflet: https://www.hpra.ie/img/uploaded/swedocuments/b6b799ed-205d-499c-a4e7-b024b2a98d81.pdf