Vicks VapoRub is an inhalation vapour ointment which contains Levomenthol, Camphor & Eucalyptus to help allievate some of the symptoms of colds & flu. Please read the enclosed leaflet before use
Vicks VapoRub helps to relieve:
- Coughs due to colds
- Congestion (a blocked nose)
- Nasal catarrh (inflammation of mucous membranes in the nose and throat)
- Sore Throat
RUB ON METHOD - Directions for use:
Adults & Children over 12 years: Always use at first sign of a cold to get maximum benefit.
- Rub Vicks VapoRub liberally on the chest, throat and back.
- Rub in well over the whole area and leave nightclothes loose for easy inhalation.
Children over 2 years: Gently help to rub away the symptoms of your child's cold with your tender touch.
- Apply lightly to chest and back.
- Leave clothes loose for easy inhalation.
INHALATION METHOD - Directions for use:
Adults & Children over 12 years only
- Place hot (not boiling) water in a suitable bowl for inhalation.
- Melt two teaspoons of VapoRub into the bowl of hot water and inhale the vapours for 10-15 minutes.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Do not heat in the microwave or reheat the mixture.
- Do not use on broken skin.
- For external use only.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Do not swallow or place in nostrils.
- Do not use with a heat wrap.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR OR PHARMACIST:
- If symptoms persist or in case of fever.
- If you have an underlying medical condition such as asthma or respiratory illness.
- Are taking any other medications
- Suffer from allergies.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, or planning to become pregnant.
Vicks VapoRub contains:
Levomenthol 2.75% w/v, Camphor 5.00 w/v, Eucalyptus oil 1.50% w/v, Turpentine oil 5.00% w/w, Thymol, Cedarwood oil and white soft paraffin.