Telfast Allergy 120 mg is a non-drowsy anti-allergy medicaton containing the antihistamine Fexofenadine Hydrochloride, which gives fast and effective relief from symptoms that occur with hay fever (seasonal allergic rhinitis) such as sneezing, itchy, runny or blocked nose and itchy, red and watery eyes.
DIRECTIONS: Take Telfast Allergy with water before a meal. Always take this medicine exactly as described in the instructions or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you.
- Adults & Children aged 12 years and over: The recommended dose is one tablet (120 mg) daily.
DO NOT USE:
- If you are allergic to fexofenadine or to any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Not for use in children under the age of 12.
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
This product should only be used when clearly necessary.
IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ADVICE SHOULD BE SOUGHT IN THE EVENT OF OVERDOSAGE EVEN IF YOU FEEL WELL. PLEASE READ THE ENCLOSED LEAFLET CAREFULLY.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR:
If symptoms persist. Prolonged use without medical supervision may be harmful.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT TELFAST ALLERGY RELIEF 120MG TABLETS
- Each tablet contains Fexofenadine 120mg
- Other ingredients are:microcrystalline cellulose, pregelatinised maize starch, croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate. Film coating: hypromellose, povidone, titanium dioxide (E171), colloidal anhydrous silica, macrogol 400 and iron oxide (E172).
- Telfast should not be taken during pregnancy or when breast feeding. Please consult your doctor or pharmacist before use if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking any other prescription medications, regular medicines or receiving regular treatment.
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Telfast Allergy if you have problems with your liver or kidneys, you have or ever had heart disease, since this kind of medicine may lead to a fast or irregular heart beat or if you are elderly.
- If you are taking indigestion remedies it is recommended that you leave about 2 hours between the time that you take Telfast and your indigestion remedy as some indigestion remedies containing aluminium and magnesium may affect the amount of fexofenadine absorbed.
- Telfast is unlikely to affect your ability to drive or operate machinery. However, you should check that these tablets do not make you feel sleepy or dizzy before driving or operating machinery.
- Like all medicines, Telfast can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. If you think you have any side effects or symptoms, stop using this medicine immediately and see a doctor as soon as possible.
- ALWAYS keep out of reach and sight of children.
Patient Information leaflet: http://www.hpra.ie/img/uploaded/swedocuments/d9d25146-271a-4e8e-b560-5249716f0b3e.pdf