Piriton tablets are an antihistamine used to treat the allergic symptoms of hayfever and other skin allergies. They contain chlorphenamine maleate, which can help to relieve itchiness, redness, swelling, tenderness and irritation caused by hayfever, pet hair, house dust mite and mould spore allergies. Also effective for nettle rash and hives, reactions to food, food additives or medicines and insect bites and stings.
DIRECTIONS: Take Piriton with water. Always take this medicine exactly as described in the instructions or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you.
- Adults & Children aged 12 years and over: Take 1 tablet every 4-6 hours (maximum 6 tablets in 24 hours).
- Children 6-12 years: Dose 0.1mg/kg. Take half a tablet every 4-6 hours (maximum 6 half tablets in 24 hours).
- Elderly: Take 1 tablet every 4-6 hours (maximum 3 tablets in 24 hours).
DO NOT USE:
- If you are allergic to chlorphenamine, any other antihistamines or any of the other ingredients
- If you are taking or have taken in the last two weeks monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) prescribed for depression
- If you are taking other medicines containing antihistamines, including products for the relief of coughs and colds.
This product should only be used when clearly necessary.
IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ADVICE SHOULD BE SOUGHT IN THE EVENT OF OVERDOSAGE EVEN IF YOU FEEL WELL. PLEASE READ THE ENCLOSED LEAFLET CAREFULLY.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR:
If symptoms persist. Prolonged use without medical supervision may be harmful.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PIRITON 4MG TABLETS
- Each tablet contains chlorphenamine maleate 4mg
- Other ingredients are: Lactose, maize starch, yellow iron oxide (E172), magnesium stearate and water.
- Please consult your doctor or pharmacist before use if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking any other prescription medications, regular medicines or receiving regular treatment.
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Piriton if you have high blood pressure, epilepsy, an overactive thyroid, glaucoma, enlarged prostate, heart, kidney or liver disease, bronchitis, asthma or other similar respiratory problems.
- Piriton tablets contain lactose. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some
sugars, contact your doctor before using Piriton tablets.
- This product may cause dizziness, drowsiness or blurred vision. You should not drive or operate machinery until you are sure you are not affected.
- Be careful when drinking alcohol while using Piriton tablets. It can increase the effects of the medication.
- Like all medicines, Piriton can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. If you think you have any side effects or symptoms, stop using this medicine immediately and see a doctor as soon as possible.
- ALWAYS keep out of reach and sight of children.
Patient Information leaflet: https://www.hpra.ie/img/uploaded/swedocuments/2198263.PPA1151_266_001.e2134f40-e24c-4d96-bcc2-a8d4b42236f4.000001Product%20Leaflet%20Approved.180316.pdf