Otrivine Adult Nasal Drops effectively relieve congestion in up to 2 minutes, and the effects can last for up to 10 hours, helping clear your blocked nose and relieve any discomfort caused by cold and flu or allergies. Containing the active ingredient Xylometazoline hydrochloride that helps to open up and clear nasal passages by reducing nasal mucus and returning swollen blood vessels to their normal size. In an easy to use drop format for those who dislike a spray.
- Unblocks your nose
- Open up and clears nasal passages
- Reduce the build-up of nasal mucus
- Non-Drowsy formula
DIRECTIONS: Use only as directed. Always read the enclosed information leaflet before use. Do not use continuously for more than 7 consecutive days.
Adults and children (12 years & older): 2-3 drops into each nostril 2-3 times a day.
HOW TO USE:
- Clear your nose.
- Lean head back as far as is comfortable.
- Apply 2 or 3 drops to each nostril.
- Try not to blow your nose for the first few minutes allowing the medicine to get to work.
DO NOT USE:
- If you are allergic to Xylometazoline hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are under 12 years.
- If you have had any surgery that was carried out through the nose.
- If you suffer from glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye)
- If you have a very dry nose (inflammatory nasal dryness, rhinitis sicca)
- During pregnancy or while breast-feeding.
This product should only be used when clearly necessary.
IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ADVICE SHOULD BE SOUGHT IN THE EVENT OF OVERDOSAGE EVEN IF YOU FEEL WELL. PLEASE READ THE ENCLOSED LEAFLET CAREFULLY.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR:
If symptoms persist. Prolonged use without medical supervision may be harmful.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT OTRIVINE ADULT 0.1% NASAL DROPS
- Please consult your doctor or pharmacist before use if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking any other prescription medications, regular medicines or receiving regular treatment.
- It is recommended that you stop treatment with Otrivine Adult Nasal Drops as soon as your symptoms improve, even if this is sooner than 7 days, in order to minimise the risk of adverse reactions.
- Like all medicines, Otrivine Nasal Drops can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. If you think you have any side effects or symptoms, stop using this medicine immediately and see a doctor as soon as possible.
- ALWAYS keep out of reach and sight of children.
Patient information leaflet: https://www.medicines.ie/medicines/otrivine-adult-0-1-w-v-nasal-drops-solution-33257/patient-info