Otrivine Adult Measured Dose Sinusitis Spray delivers an exact dose of medicated spray inside the nose to quickly relieve the nasal congestion associated with sinusitis. It contains the active ingredient Xylometazoline hydrochloride that helps to open up and clear nasal passages by reducing nasal mucus and returning swollen blood vessels to their normal size. It provides up to 10 hours of relief in as little as 2 minutes.
- Unblocks your nose
- Open up and clears nasal passages
- Reduce the build-up of nasal mucus
- Non-Drowsy formula
DIRECTIONS: Use only as directed. Always read the enclosed information leaflet before use.
Adults and children (12 years & older): 1 spray into each nostril 1-3 times a day. Do not use continuously for more than 7 consecutive days.
HOW TO USE: Before using for the first time, prime the pump by performing a few pumping motions until an even spray is released into the air. At subsequent applications the dosing spray pump will be ready for instant use. Be careful not to spray in the eyes.
- Gently blow your nose.
- Hold the bottle upright with thumb under base and nozzle between two fingers.
- Lean forward slightly and insert the nozzle into a nostril.
- Spray and breathe in gently through the nose at the same time. Repeat on the other side.
- Try not to blow your nose for the first few minutes allowing the medicine to get to work.
DO NOT USE:
- If you are allergic to Xylometazoline hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are under 12 years.
- If you have had any surgery that was carried out through the nose.
- If you suffer from glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye)
- If you have a very dry nose (inflammatory nasal dryness, rhinitis sicca)
- During pregnancy or while breast-feeding.
This product should only be used when clearly necessary.
IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ADVICE SHOULD BE SOUGHT IN THE EVENT OF OVERDOSAGE EVEN IF YOU FEEL WELL. PLEASE READ THE ENCLOSED LEAFLET CAREFULLY.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR:
If symptoms persist. Prolonged use without medical supervision may be harmful.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT OTRIVINE ADULT 0.1% SINUSITIS SPRAY
- Please consult your doctor or pharmacist before use if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking any other prescription medications, regular medicines or receiving regular treatment.
- It is recommended that you stop treatment with Otrivine Adult Sinusitis Spray as soon as your symptoms improve, even if this is sooner than 7 days, in order to minimise the risk of adverse reactions.
- Like all medicines, Adult Sinusitis Spray can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. If you think you have any side effects or symptoms, stop using this medicine immediately and see a doctor as soon as possible.
- ALWAYS keep out of reach and sight of children.
Patient information leaflet: https://www.medicines.ie/medicines/otrivine-adult-measured-dose-sinusitus-0-1-w-v-nasal-spray-solution-33260/patient-info