OptiBac 'For those on antibiotics' is a live cultures supplement especially developed for those taking a course of antibiotics (e.g. penicillin, tetracycline, doxycycline), or who have recently finished an antibiotic course.These two high quality strains of natural bacteria, Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52 and Lactobacillus rhamnosus Rosell-11, have been extremely well-researched, and are scientifically proven to survive to reach the gut alive, even during a course of antibiotics. Recommended for daily use over the course of 10 days alongside a typical course of antibiotics.
- Each capsule provides 4 billion good bacteria and the billions count is guaranteed until end of expiry.
- Scientifically proven to pass through stomach acidity and survive to reach the gut, even when taken with antibiotics.
- Suitable for: women during pregnancy, vegans, vegetarians and gluten free for those with coeliac disease or an intolerance.
- Suitable from 1 year onwards.
How to use: Best taken with a meal, preferably with breakfast every day during your antibiotic course and for a few days afterwards or until the pack has been completed. Can be taken at the same time as antibiotics. Adults & children should ideally drink plenty of water during a course of live cultures.
- Adults & Children over 1 year: Take 1 capsule daily with food, for anyone unable to swallow capsules, the contents of the capsule can be mixed with a cold meal or beverage.
- Note: If you are taking particularly long-term antibiotics (a month or more), you may want to consider taking OptiBac For every day EXTRA Strength instead. This supplement would need to be taken with food, preferably breakfast, and 1 - 2 hours away from the antibiotic.
Ingredients: Stabiliser: potato starch, Vegetarian capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, Live cultures: Lactobacillus rhamnosus Rosell-11, Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52, Anti-caking agent: vegetable magnesium stearate; antioxidant: ascorbic acid
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT OPTIBAC
- Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions, e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU (very premature babies), have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor's care.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- This is a food supplement and is not intended to prevent, treat or diagnose any medical conditions. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. If babies and children are taking any medications or have a serious medical condition, consult a doctor before use.