OptiBac 'For your baby' is a high-quality, liquid live cultures supplement specially developed for use from birth onwards. It contains Bifidobacterium breve M-16V®, which has been scientifically researched in thousands of newborns & babies. This strain naturally occurs in the human body & is uniquely adapted to reside in humans. ‘For your baby’ complements the gut flora naturally present in your baby's digestive system and helps maintain balance in the baby’s gut flora by increasing levels of Bifidobacteria and is designed for daily, ongoing use.
- Suitable for both breastfed and formula-fed babies.
- Suitable for use alongside medication for colic.
- Proven to reach the gut alive
- Easy-to-use dropper - administer directly into baby’s mouth, on a spoon or mix into cold milk or food
- Suitable for vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free or gluten-free diets
- Free from GMOs and soy; no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
How to use: It’s best to give friendly bacteria in the morning with the first feed or meal of the day. This helps to ensure that the bacteria pass safely through your baby’s tummy and into the gut. Shake bottle before use.
- Infants from birth to 3 years: Give 0.3ml as indicated on dropper (8 drops) in any of the following ways:
- Directly into the mouth (Refrigerate if using dropper directly into the mouth – otherwise no refrigeration necessary when stored in a cool, dry place below 25°C. Once the bottle has been opened, use within 30 days)
- On a spoon
- In a bottle of formula milk or expressed breast milk
- On a clean finger (one drop at a time)
- On the nipple (a drop or two at a time)
- For older children, mix the drops into cool food or drinks
- Do not wash the dropper.
Ingredients: Medium chain triglyceride oil (plant source), Live cultures: Bifidobacterium breve M-16V®, Emulsifier: mono and diglycerides of fatty acids (plant source).
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT OPTIBAC
- Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions, e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU (very premature babies), have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor's care.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- This is a food supplement and is not intended to prevent, treat or diagnose any medical conditions. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. If babies and children are taking any medications or have a serious medical condition, consult a doctor before use.