OptiBac 'For Babies & Children' is a high quality children's live cultures and prebiotic supplement, containing three well-researched friendly bacteria strains, Bifidobacterium infantis Rosell-33, Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52, and Bifidobacterium bifidum Rosell-71, along with natural prebiotic FOS fibres.
The types of natural bacteria that reside in an infant's or child's intestines are very different from the types found in adulthood. Bifidobacterium infantis and Bifidobacterium bifidum are the dominant and most important beneficial cultures found in healthy infants and children during their early years. This supplement also contains a third type of natural bacteria, Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52, which has been scientifically shown to survive stomach acidity and to reach the gut alive. These three strains will target different areas of the gut as opposed to just one.
- Has been scientifically researched in infants and children and is proven to pass through stomach acidity and survive to reach the gut.
- Complements natural gut bacteria.
- Suitable for vegetarians and those with coeliac disease or a gluten intolerance.
- Suitable for vegetarian, gluten free, yeast-free diets. GMO free. Sugar free. Free from artificial flavourings, colourings and preservatives typically found in other food & drinks containing probiotics. No chemicals or parabens.
- No refrigeration necessary – live cultures are enclosed in a 3-layer laminated sachet for maximum protection.
How to use: Best taken with a meal, preferably with breakfast. Adults & children should ideally drink plenty of water during a course of live cultures.
- Infants from birth to 3 years: 1 sachet per day. For breastfed babies, powder can be applied to nipple or clean finger for baby to suckle. Can be taken with formula milk - simply add to the bottle once it has cooled down to room temperature (as heat reduces the viability of natural bacteria).
- Children aged 4-12 years: 1 to 2 sachets per day. Simply mix with your child's favourite foods or drinks - sprinkle the powder over cereal, mix in with yoghurt or dissolve in a glass of water or cold milk.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers: 1 sachet per day.
Ingredients: Live cultures: Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52, Bifidobacterium infantis Rosell-33 and Bifidobacterium bifidum Rosell-71, Fructooligosaccharides (FOS) & Stabiliser: potato starch
Please note this product may contain tiny traces of dairy and/or soy* and is therefore not recommended for those with a strict allergy to dairy. However, those with lactose intolerance should be able to take this supplement with no issues.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT OPTIBAC
- Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions, e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU (very premature babies), have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor's care.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- This is a food supplement and is not intended to prevent, treat or diagnose any medical conditions. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. If babies and children are taking any medications or have a serious medical condition, consult a doctor before use.