Lorat 10mg Antihistamine tablets are used to help control allergic reactions and related symptoms. The main ingredient is Loratadine which quickly relieves symptoms associated with hay fever & allergy to dust mites (allergic rhinitis) such as sneezing, runny or itchy nose, itchy palate, itchy, red or tearing eyes. Lorat is also used to relieve symptoms such as itching and hives (associated with chronic urticaria of unknown cause).
DIRECTIONS: Take this medicine by mouth, Lorat may be taken with or without a meal.
- Adults and children over 12 years of age and weighing more than 30kg: Take one tablet once a day.
- Children 2-12 years of age and weighing more than 30kg: Take one tablet once a day.
- Children 2-12 years of age and weighing less than 30kg: Take half a tablet once a day
DO NOT USE:
- If you are allergic to loratadine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Not for use in children under the age of 2.
- If you have a severe liver disease
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
This product should only be used when clearly necessary.
IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ADVICE SHOULD BE SOUGHT IN THE EVENT OF OVERDOSAGE EVEN IF YOU FEEL WELL. PLEASE READ THE ENCLOSED LEAFLET CAREFULLY.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR:
If symptoms persist. Prolonged use without medical supervision may be harmful.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT LORAT 10MG TABLETS
- Each tablet contains Loratadine 10mg
- Other ingredients are: lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, maize starch and colloidal
- Lorat should not be taken during pregnancy or when breast feeding unless your doctor considers it essential. Please consult your doctor or pharmacist before use if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking any other prescription medications, regular medicines or receiving regular treatment.
- Does not cause drowsiness in the majority of people but care should be taken when driving or operating machinery.
- Like all medicines, Lorat can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. If you think you have any side effects or symptoms, stop using this medicine immediately and see a doctor as soon as possible.
- If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
- If you have to undergo any skin tests, tell your doctor that you are taking Lorat as it may be necessary to stop taking this medicine at least 2 days (48 hours) before the test to make sure the result of the test is correct. You can carry on as usual after the test..
- ALWAYS keep out of reach and sight of children.
Patient Information leaflet: http://www.hpra.ie/img/uploaded/swedocuments/PIL-2201108-22012018130712-636522232497812500.pdf