HYLO NIGHT is a soft and consistent ointment to soothe dry, itchy eyes while you sleep. It improves the tear film and protects the surface of the eye and relieves symptoms by forming a comfortable long-lasting protective film on the eyes. (Formerly VitA-POS Ointment)
Hylo Night contains light liquid paraffin and Vitamin A in a well tolerated preservative free formula.
- Sterile for 6 months
- Provides up to 6 hours lubrication for night-time soothing
- Preservative free solution for better tolerability
- Prevents the eyelids sticking together during sleep and protects the surface of the eye
- 300 applications in each 5g tube
How to use: Wash hands well before use. Apply a line of ointment about 0.5 cm in length into the conjunctival sac which you should apply starting from the corner of the eye next to the nose outwards.
The high viscosity of eye ointment can lead to diminished vision. This impairment of vision means that your fitness to drive is no longer assured. You are also advised not to operate heavy machinery. Because of the film of ointment and the associated blurry vision, it is recommended to use it primarily before going to sleep.
SPECIAL WARNINGS AND SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS FOR USE:
- Do not use if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- Do not touch the surface of the eye with the tip of the tube.
- Do not inject, do not swallow.
- Do not use if the container is damaged.
- If you are using eye drops at the same time, use them first. You should leave a gap which can vary between 15 and 60 minutes between applications. Always follow the instructions in the patient information leaflet or from your doctor.
KEEP OUT OF THE SIGHT AND REACH OF CHILDREN.