Galfer Capsules are used to prevent and treat iron deficiencies and contain Ferrous Fumarate 305mg which is used to replace low levels of iron in the blood.
- Suitable for anyone diagnosed with anaemia
- Suitable for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding. (Talk to your doctor first before using the medicine particularly if you are in the first 3 months of pregnancy.)
- Easy to swallow capsule.
DIRECTIONS: Take this medicine before meals on an empty stomach if possible. If Galfer Capsules upset your stomach, take it with or after food.
Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years:
To prevent iron deficiency take one capsule a day.
To treat iron deficiency take one capsule twice a day.
Children under 12 years:
Do not give children under 12 unless your doctor tells you to.
DO NOT TAKE IF:
- You have an allergy to any of the ingredients.
- Other problems with iron in the blood (including conditions that lead to iron building up in soft tissues, or problems with red blood cells).
- You have stomach ulcers or other stomach or bowel problem such as Inflammatory bowel disease including ulcerative colitis or regional enteritis.
- Have had repeated blood transfusions in the past.
- Have Anaemia not related to low levels of iron before.
- Or are currently having iron injections.
For professional advice on medicines, always consult your pharmacist.
This product should only be used when clearly necessary.
IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ADVICE SHOULD BE SOUGHT IN THE EVENT OF OVERDOSAGE EVEN IF YOU FEEL WELL. PLEASE READ THE ENCLOSED LEAFLET CAREFULLY.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR:
If symptoms persist. Prolonged use without medical supervision may be harmful.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT GALFER CAPSULES
- Each capsule contains ferrous fumarate 305mg.
- Please consult your doctor or pharmacist before use if you are pregnant, elderly, asthmatic, taking any other prescription medications, regular medicines or receiving regular treatment.
- Some food such as tea, eggs and milk may reduce the amount of iron absorbed by the body. Check with the doctor or pharmacist about which foods to avoid.
- Galfer Capsules may make your stools darker than usual. This is a normal effect of medicines containing iron.
- If your symptoms have not started to improve after 28 days, you should ask your doctor for advice.
- Treatment should not normally carry on for more than 3 months after the iron deficiency has been corrected. Your doctor will advise you when to stop.
- Like all medicines, Galfer Capsules can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. If you think you have any side effects or symptoms, stop using this medicine immediately and see a doctor as soon as possible.
- ALWAYS keep out of reach and sight of children as overdose can be fatal.
Patient information leaflet:http://www.hpra.ie/img/uploaded/swedocuments/PA0126.314.001%20Product%20Leaflet%20Approved%20-%20Final%20270319.pdf