Ferrograd C tablets are a 'prolonged-release' form of two active ingredients; Ferrous Sulphate (Iron) and Ascorbic Acid, (Vitamin C) used to prevent and treat iron deficiency anaemia and vitamin C deficiency when the two are present together.
- Ferrograd C Tablets are designed to release the medicine slowly over the day as the tablet passes through the gut. This may help to reduce the digestive side effects that can sometimes be a problem with iron supplements.
- Vitamin C helps the body absorb the Iron
- Suitable for anyone diagnosed with anaemia
- Ferrograd C can be taken by pregnant women after the first 13 weeks of pregnancy.
DIRECTIONS: Take this medicine before meals on an empty stomach if possible. If Ferrograd C Tablets upset your stomach, take it with or after food.
Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years: take one capsule a day. Do not give children under 12 years
DO NOT TAKE IF:
- You have an allergy to any of the ingredients.
- If you have problems dealing with iron (haemochromatosis, haemosiderosis, iron overload syndromes)
- You have an intestinal blockage or diverticular disease of the intestine or if you are already taking medicines containing iron
- Or are currently having iron injections.
For professional advice on medicines, always consult your pharmacist.
This product should only be used when clearly necessary.
IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ADVICE SHOULD BE SOUGHT IN THE EVENT OF OVERDOSAGE EVEN IF YOU FEEL WELL. PLEASE READ THE ENCLOSED LEAFLET CAREFULLY.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR:
If symptoms persist. Prolonged use without medical supervision may be harmful.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT FERROGRAD C TABLETS
- Each Ferrograd C tablet contains dried ferrous sulphate 325 mg (equivalent to 105 mg elemental iron) in a controlled
release gradumet form and vitamin C 500 mg (ascorbic acid) as sodium ascorbate
- Please consult your doctor or pharmacist before use if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, elderly, asthmatic, taking any other prescription medications, regular medicines or receiving regular treatment.
- The absorption of Ferrograd C may also be decreased when taken with tea, coffee, milk, eggs, wholegrain cereals and
dietary fibre, therefore, Ferrograd C should be taken at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after ingestion of these products.
- Ferrograd C may make your stools darker than usual. This is a normal effect of medicines containing iron.
- If your symptoms have not started to improve after 28 days, you should ask your doctor for advice.
- Like all medicines, Ferrograd C Tablets can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. If you think you have any side effects or symptoms, stop using this medicine immediately and see a doctor as soon as possible.
- ALWAYS keep out of reach and sight of children as overdose can be fatal.
Patient information leaflet: https://www.hpra.ie/img/uploaded/swedocuments/2203575.PPA1151_141_001.140791f4-e872-4871-b161-310a1808dfa0.000001Product%20Leaflet%20Approved.180503.pdf