Exputex Oral Solution is a sugar-free cough medication which contains Carbocistene to help break down mucous and assist in the removal of phlegm.
DOSAGE: For oral use only.
Adults and Children aged 12 years and over: Starting with 15ml ( three 5ml spoonfuls) three times daily, reducing to 10ml three times daily when the mucous starts to clear.
Children aged 6 to 12 years: Give 5ml two to three times daily.
Children aged 2 to 5 years: Give 2.5ml two to three times daily.
Under 2 years: Not recommended
For professional advice on medicines, always consult your pharmacist.
This product should only be used when clearly necessary.
IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ADVICE SHOULD BE SOUGHT IN THE EVENT OF OVERDOSAGE EVEN IF YOU FEEL WELL. PLEASE READ THE ENCLOSED LEAFLET CAREFULLY.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR:
If symptoms persist. Prolonged use without medical supervision may be harmful.
Important information about Exputex:
- Each 5ml spoonful contains: 250mg of Carboscisteine. Also contains: levomenthol, ethanol (alcohol), saccharin sodium, sunset yellow FCF (E110), sodium ethyl parahydroxybenzoate (E215), sodium propyl parahydroxybenzoate (E217), sodium methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E219), citric acid monohydrate, sodium hydroxide, carmellose sodium, glycerol, orange flavour, condensed milk flavour and purified water.
- If you have a history of, or are currently suffering from peptic ulceration, consult your Doctor or Pharmacist before taking this product.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding always consult your Dr or Pharmacist before taking Exputex
- Do not take more than the recommended dose, as this may be harmful.
- Once opened use within one month.
- Do not store above 25°C.
- Store in original carton in order to protect from light.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.