Corsodyl 1% w/w Dental Gel is an intensive short term treatment formulated to both treat and prevent gum problems, such as red, swollen or bleeding gums and is clinically proven to help put a stop to the first stage of gum disease, gingivitis. Also suitable for treating mouth ulcers, oral thrush or for use after dental treatment.
Corsodyl 1% w/w Dental Gel contains 1% Chlorhexidine Digluconate this acts rapidly, to kill the bacteria that causes plaque within 30 seconds. It also forms a protective antibacterial layer over the teeth and gums to prevent plaque build up for up to 12 hours.
NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN UNDER 12 YEARS unless recommended by a dentist.
- For gum disease: Brush your teeth for at least one minute once or twice daily using 2cm of gel. Continue the treatment for about a month or as recommended by your dentist
- For mouth ulcers or oral thrush: Apply gel directly to the sore areas using your finger top or a cotton bud once or twice daily for at least one minute
- For denture sore mouth: Smear gel lightly over the fitting surfaces of the dentures before insertion; cleanse and soak the dentures in Corsodyl Treatment Mouthwash for 15 minutes twice daily or as directed by your dentist
- After dental surgery or tooth decay: Use as directed by your dentist
- Corsodyl 1% w/w Dental Gel may cause temporary staining of the teeth. If staining continues, it can be removed with a scale and polish from your dentist or hygienist. You can reduce the risk of staining by avoiding drinking tea, coffee or red wine, especially up to one hour after use.
Always use according to the directions on the label/leaflet.