Clonfolic is a once daily supplement containing 0.4mg of Folic acid, the recommended daily dosage for those who may become pregnant. Like all vitamins, it cannot be made by the body, so it needs to be taken in a supplement and/or food form. Anyone who is capable of conceiving should take 0.4mg folic acid every day.
Almost 50% of pregnancies are unplanned. When an unexpected pregnancy occurs, it may be too late to help support a baby’s spine and brain development by taking folic acid.
- Taking folic acid daily can help reduce the risk of having a baby with Spina Bifida and other neural tube defects by up to 70%. Start taking folic acid (Clonfolic) at least 14 weeks prior to trying to conceive and continue for at least the first 12 weeks of pregnancy.
DIRECTIONS: Take one Clonfolic tablet containing every day for at least 14 weeks before you become pregnant and continue taking it for at least the first 12 weeks of pregnancy
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CLONFOLIC TABLETS
- Each Clonfolic tablet contains folic acid 0.4mg, it also includes lactose monohydrate.
- Please consult your doctor or pharmacist before use if you have a family or personal history of pregnancies resulting in neural tube defects, have diabetes, are obese, or take anti-epileptic (anti-seizure), or regular medicines or receiving regular treatment.
- Like all medicines, Clonfolic Tablets can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. If you think you have any side effects or symptoms, stop using this medicine immediately and see a doctor as soon as possible.
- ALWAYS keep out of reach and sight of children
Patient information leaflet: http://www.hpra.ie/img/uploaded/swedocuments/fec66be7-08c4-478a-9373-f4f43a8031fb.pdf