Clarityn provides fast and effective non-drowsy 24 hour symptom relief from the symptoms of allergies and hayfever such as sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes and other airbourne allergies due to house mites and pet hair. It may also be used to help relieve symptoms of urticaria (itching, redness and number and size of hives). Clarityn contains 10mg of the antihistamine Loratadine.
DIRECTIONS: Take this medicine with water, Clarityn may be taken with or without a meal.
- Adults and children 6 years of age and older with a body weight greater than 30 kg: Take one tablet daily..
- Clarityn is not recommended for children with a body weight of 30k or less.
DO NOT USE:
- If you are allergic to loratadine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Not for use in children under the age of 2.
- If you have a severe liver disease
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
This product should only be used when clearly necessary.
IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ADVICE SHOULD BE SOUGHT IN THE EVENT OF OVERDOSAGE EVEN IF YOU FEEL WELL. PLEASE READ THE ENCLOSED LEAFLET CAREFULLY.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR:
If symptoms persist. Prolonged use without medical supervision may be harmful.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CLARITYN 10MG TABLETS
- Each tablet contains Loratadine 10mg
- Other ingredients are:lactosemonohydrate, maize starch, magnesium stearate.
- Clarityn should not be taken during pregnancy or when breast feeding unless your doctor considers it essential. Please consult your doctor or pharmacist before use if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking any other prescription medications, regular medicines or receiving regular treatment.
- Does not cause drowsiness in the majority of people but care should be taken when driving or operating machinery.
- Like all medicines, Clarityn can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. If you think you have any side effects or symptoms, stop using this medicine immediately and see a doctor as soon as possible.
- If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine.
- If you have to undergo any skin tests, tell your doctor that you are taking Clarityn as it may be necessary to stop taking this medicine at least 2 days (48 hours) before the test to make sure the result of the test is correct. You can carry on as usual after the test..
- ALWAYS keep out of reach and sight of children.
Patient Information leaflet: https://www.medicines.ie/medicines/clarityn-10-mg-tablets-31654/patient-info