Cetrine Allergy is a once daily anti-allergy medicine. The active ingredient cetirizine dihydrochloride helps to control symptoms such as hay fever, allergy to dust mites (allergic rhinitis) sneezing, a runny or itchy nose, itchy palate, itchy, red or tearing eyes and can also be used to relieve symptoms such as itching and hives (urticaria).
DIRECTIONS: Swallow the tablets with a glass of water. Can be taken with or without food.
Adults and adolescents above 12 years old: 1 tablet daily
Children between 6 and 12 years old: The usual dose is half a tablet twice a day (morning and evening).
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CETRINE ALLERGY TABLETS:
- Cetrine should not be taken during pregnancy or when breast feeding unless your doctor considers it essential.
- Please consult your doctor or pharmacist before use if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking any other prescription medications, regular medicines or receiving regular treatment.
- Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully.
- Do not exceed the stated dose, immediate medical advice should be sought in the event of an overdose.
- Does not cause drowsiness in the majority of people but care should be taken when driving or operating machinery.
- Like all medicines, Cetrine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. If you think you have any side effects or symptoms, stop using this medicine immediately and see a doctor as soon as possible.
- If you are scheduled for allergy testing, ask your doctor if you should stop taking Cetrine for several days before testing. This medicine may affect your allergy test results.
- ALWAYS keep out of reach and sight of children.
DO NOT USE:
- If you are allergic to cetirizine dihydrochloride or any of the other ingredients or to hydroxyzine or piperazine derivatives (closely related active substances of other medicines)
- If you have a severe kidney problems.
- If you are taking other medicines containing antihistamines, including products for the relief of coughs and colds.
INGREDIENTS:Each tablet contains cetirizine dihydrochloride 10mg
Other ingredients are: lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, colloidal anhydrous silica, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, titanium dioxide (E171) and macrogol 4000.
Read the patient information leaflet here!