Brolene Eye Drops are used to treat minor infections of the eyes or eyelids, conjunctivitis or symptoms such as sore, red or inflamed eyes, stickiness or a crust on the eyelids. They contain a medicine called propamidine isetionate, this belongs to a group of medicines called disinfectants and antifungals. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria, allowing your body to fight off the infection.
DIRECTIONS: Always use this medicine exactly as described in the instructions or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you.
- Adults & Children aged 2 years and over: One or two drops in the affected eye up to four times a day.
- Use for at least 2 days. If your symptoms worsen or do not improve after 2 days, talk to your doctor or pharmacist
DO NOT USE:
- If you are allergic to propamidine isetionate or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- If you wear contact lenses. You should not wear contact lenses while using these drops.
This product should only be used when clearly necessary.
IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ADVICE SHOULD BE SOUGHT IN THE EVENT OF OVERDOSAGE EVEN IF YOU FEEL WELL. PLEASE READ THE ENCLOSED LEAFLET CAREFULLY.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR:
If your symptoms have not improved after 2 days you must go and see your doctor because Brolene might not be the right medicine for you. Prolonged use without medical supervision may be harmful.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT BROLENE EYE DROPS
- The active substance is 0.1% w/v propamidine isetionate.
- The other ingredients are ammonium chloride, sodium chloride, benzalkonium chloride, sodium hydroxide and water for injections.
- Please consult your doctor or pharmacist before use if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking any other prescription medications, regular medicines or receiving regular treatment.
- Brolene contains benzalkonium chloride which may cause eye irritation, if you feel abnormal eye sensation, stinging or pain in the eye after using this medicine, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
- This product may cause blurred vision. You should not drive or operate machinery until you are sure you are not affected.
- Like all medicines, Brolene can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. If you think you have any side effects or symptoms, stop using this medicine immediately and see a doctor as soon as possible.
- Do not use the drops for longer than 28 days after first opening the bottle.
- ALWAYS keep out of reach and sight of children.
Patient Information leaflet: https://www.hpra.ie/img/uploaded/swedocuments/2202711.PPA1097_046_001.56162178-9c4a-4835-9354-6486d3edfbe6.000001Product%20Leaflet%20Approved.180508.pdf