Active Iron Pregnancy is a daily supplement that supports iron levels throughout pregnancy and is specially formulated to help prevent constipation. Iron is essential to life, especially during pregnancy. It contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and also plays an important role in normal energy metabolism, cognitive function and immune function. Active Iron Pregnancy is clinically proven to have twice the absorption rate of gold standard ferrous sulfate iron supplements.
- Active Iron’s advanced protein formulation is non-constipating, reduces gut irritation and inflammation which can reduce unwanted side effects such as constipation, nausea, reflux and flatulence.
- Active Iron Pregnancy supports iron levels throughout pregnancy. Is suitable for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Suitable for vegetarians and is free from artificial preservatives, yeast, gluten, and sugar.
Active Iron can be taken on an empty stomach, it should be taken ideally one hour before a meal or two hours after a meal.
- Adults: Take one capsule daily with water or juice.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT ACTIVE IRON PREGNANCY CAPSULES
- Each capsule contains 250mg of Active Iron including 17mg of elemental iron.
- Please consult your doctor or pharmacist before use if you are pregnant, elderly, asthmatic, taking any other prescription medications, regular medicines or receiving regular treatment.
- Iron supplements are not a substitute for a varied diet and a healthy lifestyle. You should not exceed the recommended daily supplement dose of iron without consulting with your doctor, midwife or pharmacist.
- The absorption of iron is decreased by antacids (indigestion remedies) and products containing zinc, calcium, and phosphorus. Therefore, Active Iron should not be taken within one hour before or two hours after taking these products.
- Tea, coffee, milk, eggs, wholegrain cereals, and dietary fibre can all reduce the absorption of iron. Therefore, Active Iron (and any iron supplement) should be taken 30 – 60 mins before food* or in-between meals* (*includes tea, coffee, milk).
- Always read the directions on the pack
- ALWAYS keep out of reach and sight of children.
INGREDIENTS (Active Iron): Whey (Milk) protein, Capsule shell: Hypromellose Ferrous Sulfate, Acidity regulators (sodium acetate, acetic acid), Vitamin C (ascorbic acid), Emulsifier (polysorbate 20) Capsule Colourants: Titanium dioxide, black iron oxide, yellow iron oxide.