Active Iron is an advanced, easy to swallow, non-constipating iron supplement that has been clinically proven to have twice the absorption compared to standard ferrous sulfate. Each capsule contains 14mg of Iron which contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and plays an important role in normal energy metabolism, oxygen transport, cognitive function, immune function and formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin.
- Active Iron’s advanced protein formulation is non-irritating to the stomach and does not cause inflammation preventing unwanted side-effects such as stomach pain, cramp, sickness, constipation and flatulence.
- Kind enough to take on an empty stomach, while being strong on absorption when you need it.
- Suitable for use in pregnancy
- Free from sugar, wheat, gluten & preservatives
- Vegetarian friendly
Active Iron can be taken on an empty stomach, it should be taken ideally one hour before a meal or two hours after a meal.
- Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years: One capsule to be taken daily.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT ACTIVE IRON CAPSULES
- Please consult your doctor or pharmacist before use if you are pregnant, elderly, asthmatic, taking any other prescription medications, regular medicines or receiving regular treatment.
- The absorption of iron is decreased by antacids (indigestion remedies) and products containing zinc, calcium, and phosphorus. Therefore, Active Iron should not be taken within one hour before or two hours after taking these products.
- Tea, coffee, milk, eggs, wholegrain cereals, and dietary fibre can all reduce the absorption of iron. Therefore, Active Iron (and any iron supplement) should be taken 30 – 60 mins before food* or in-between meals* (*includes tea, coffee, milk).
- Always read the directions on the pack
- ALWAYS keep out of reach and sight of children.
INGREDIENTS: Whey (Milk) protein, Capsule shell: Hypromellose Ferrous Sulfate, Acidity regulators (sodium acetate, acetic acid), Vitamin C (ascorbic acid), Emulsifier (polysorbate 20) Capsule Colourants: Titanium dioxide, black iron oxide, yellow iron oxide.