Expert Advice: Lunchboxes & Food Positivity for Life
So this episode started out as a simple guide to packing a healthy lunchbox for your child. The conversation quickly turned to the barriers that parents face while establishing their child’s diet from the very early days. The impact a positive relationship with food can have on your child throughout their entire life should never be understated. Of course we include plenty of great tips on how to overcome fussy eating and refusal of food and also how to minimise food waste. I don’t think there is any chore that parents hate more than making packed lunches! In this episode ‘Expert Advice: Lunchboxes & Food Positivity for Life’ we aim to remove some of the stress!
Listen to this episode if any of the below apply!
- Do you ever wonder what to do if your child leaves their lunchbox untouched at school?
- Does your child only eat beige food?
- Is your child unwilling to try new things?
- Are you stressed or concerned about packing a healthy lunchbox for your child?
- Do you find the expense of making school lunches too high?
- Does every uneaten lunchbox result in an arguement?
- Are you a regular buyer of prepacked ‘kids snacks’?
- Do you cut your child sandwiches into shapes?
- Does your child eat different meals to you or the rest of the family?
Cathy is a paediatric dietician and a complete fountain of knowledge and common sense. Weaning.ie is her amazing website and is a tremendous resource for parents who feel overwhelmed by the responsibilities of providing nutrition. Cathy gives great practical advice on packing a healthy lunchbox for your child.
The lunchboxes I recommend in this podcast are available here!
Support this Podcast
Simply following and reviewing this podcast can make a huge difference!
I really want to continue to support parents and appreciate every one of you who take the time from your day to learn something new along with me in these Real Lives episodes!
You can check out all of my previous episodes by clicking right here!